Thursday, March 8, 2012

Urban Fondue

November 25th, 2011

Date # 7

Chuck decided since our first experience with a fondue restaurant was so successful we should try another one; tonight we went to Urban Fondue in downtown Portland.
Photo:http://urbanfondue.com/









We had a little trouble finding a place to park because it was a Friday night in a very popular downtown area, but because Chuck has such a small car, Nissan Cube, we found a spot where most would not be able to fit. Nice!

We started out with a Tillamook White Cheddar and caraway fondue, it was amazing. I was a little reluctant to try a cheddar fondue because our first cheese fondue with Fontina and Butterkase was so tasty, but I did step out of the box and am so happy I did.  Yum! 
Next Chuck had the Chef’s cut of pork and steak, while I had the vegetarian fondue, in the tomato fennel broth. The fondues are presented with an array of dipping sauces, that are all wonderful and change the flavors of each bite. I decided next time to not have the entrĂ©e course and save myself for dessert.

Photo: eatingwell.com

For our dessert fondue we decided on the chocolate butterscotch with dippers that included banana, pineapple, strawberries, dried apricots, cheesecake, cookie dough, and pound cake. Cookie dough is my favorite sweet to eat; sometimes I make cookies just to eat the dough. I was very excited to try cookie dough in my fondue but I have to say it was a bit too sweet for me; again my favorite dipper was the banana. Chuck liked it all, anything dipped in chocolate is yum for him. SO good! 

Not sure if I can pick a favorite fondue restaurant, and I’m glad I don’t have to, Urban Fondue was a bit cheaper in price than The Melting Pot, but definitely not in flavor or atmosphere.  

Great date again my love!

No comments:

Post a Comment