Friday, March 9, 2012

La Baia

December 23rd, 2011

Date #11

We are on vacation at my parent’s home in Canada, but we still have to have date night; this is the first time someone else has joined us. At their choosing we went to a quaint Italian restaurant right on the Pacific Ocean called La Baia. We ate by candle light and talked about what adventures we would have during the next week of Christmas vacation.








Chuck and my mom shared a nice bottle of red wine, the waiters made sure their glasses were never empty. I had spaghetti alla papalina with mushrooms and peas in a creamy parmesan sauce; on the menu it also included prosciutto but I asked them to leave that out. This dish tasted wonderful, and went well with the rolls that soaked up the sauce left on the plate. The other dishes on the table included my mom - gnocchi dela casa, my dad - penne con salciccia and Chuck - linguine alle vongole & gamberi, all amazing dishes. Unfortunately, we didn’t leave room for dessert. The service was outstanding, they made us feel like we were the only guests in the restaurant.

Photo: tastefood.info













This was a fantastic evening dining with my parents; they are invited to any date night with us.

Now off to explore British Columbia!

No comments:

Post a Comment