Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Blossoming Lotus

November 11, 2011

Date #5

A few years ago I decided to take the big plunge and became an almost vegetarian. I don't eat anything that walks on land, and only a few that swim. Chuck has done as much as he can to help me embrace this change as he is still an aggressive carnivore. It was so sweet of him to find this vegan restaurant in Portland; it was our first experience with vegan food. The one hiccup that happened was...he wore his leather jacket…wonder if anyone noticed?!?


Photo: blpdx.com
1713 NE 15th Ave.
Portland, OR 97212
Phone: 503-228-0048

We started our adventure with the Creamy Pesto & White Bean Dip, served with bread and veggies, very tasty. We dined on delicious vegan entrees brought to us by heavily tattooed young ladies in dresses. For dessert we had vegan pear pie with soft serve; this was amazing, we even had to ask if the soft serve was real ice cream because it tasted so good.

I am so glad I experienced this vegan food, but I have to say I am happy I am not vegan.

Thank you for your sacrifice Chuck, the animals thank you too!

No comments:

Post a Comment