Monday, March 5, 2012

Body Worlds & Voodoo Donuts

October 21st, 2011

Date #2
Chuck loves anything to do with medicine and has talked about wanting to see Body World’s, so when I heard on the radio that the exhibit was coming to town I thought this would be the perfect date night.

Image: http://www.omsi.edu/
OMSI
1945 SE Water Ave.
Portland, OR 97214
800-955-6674

We visited the exhibit during the first week it was at OMSI, this proved to be the best time because we had almost the entire place to ourselves. It was truly amazing to see the bodies in the many stages of dissection; my favorite was The Tai Chi Man. This man displayed many orthopedic surgeries on different parts of his body, he did not have these surgeries when he was alive, they were added during plastination.    


Next stop was Voodoo Doughnut a tourist hotspot in Portland. Even though I have lived in the Portland area for 8 plus years I have never been. Very yummy!


Voodoo Doughnut Too
1501 NE Davis St.
Portland, OR 97232

We purchased a few donuts each and were on our way. One of the donuts I purchased was the Grape Ape below; I would recommend it to anyone who enjoyed/s eating grape Jell-O from the package.



Photo: http://voodoodoughnut.com/

This was a unique and successful date, way to go Jenn!

No comments:

Post a Comment