Thursday, March 15, 2012

Swagat

February 10th, 2012

Date #18

I chose Swagat for our date night tonight. We have been here for their awesome buffet during lunch, but never for dinner. I actually thought they would have the buffet for dinner as well, so when we got there and found out they did not I was a little worried. We have never ordered off an Indian food menu before, it was a little intimidating. The descriptions of the dishes on the menu were pretty good and the waitress helped us out a lot.










First Chuck ordered an Indian beer call Taj Mahal, the waitress warned him it was a 20 ounce bottle, guess she doesn’t know him. I had a taste of it and thought it tasted pretty good, but I stuck with my usual of diet coke. After a few minutes of perusing the menu I decided on navratan korma, which is 9 kinds of vegetables in a mild spiced cream sauce, and Chuck had lamb curry. Each meal was served on a beautiful platter along with vegetable curry of the day, dal, sambar, raita, rice, papadam and nan. The nan is amazing; dipping it in all the different sauces was so tasty. We both wished we didn’t get so full so fast; the good thing about this was I had some left for lunch at work on Monday. Lucky me!!










I’m not sure what the dessert is called but it’s basically really cold thin mango pudding. It was refreshing after all the spicy dishes and not too filling leaving a wonderful taste in your mouth.

I am so happy we were brave enough to try this place during dinner time, we enjoyed it so much. Now we can come back for lunch buffet or dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment