Friday, March 9, 2012

Native Food Cafe

December 9th, 2011

Date #9

Continuing on the vegetarian theme, my wonderful husband took me to a new vegan restaurant close to our house called Native Foods CafĂ©, in Bridgeport Village. As soon as we opened the door we knew this was different; the place was very casual and the staff took their time to explain all the different types of foods to help us pick our meal. This was great because neither of us know much about vegan “meat”.
Photo: nativefood.com














We started with Native fries that were seasoned with cinnamon, at first we didn’t know what the seasonings were, then it hits you, wow this is really good. Next I had the Yo Amigo Taco Salad, I do miss eating meat like ground beef but I don’t want to eat real meat, their version of ground beef tasted like meat to me. Chuck had the Gandhi Bowl, great curry flavor, he really enjoyed it. The Native meat on his plate was tempeh, I was really excited to try it because I have heard of it, but never had the opportunity, it was very good, Chuck even like it.
 
Photo: nativefood.com







For dessert we had chocolate and pecan pies, we weren't sure what to expect since they were vegan, but pleasantly surprised we couldn't tell they were different.

I was way too full when we left the restaurant, I could try so many things on the menu, what fun!

We will be back!

No comments:

Post a Comment