Thursday, March 15, 2012

Corbett Fish House

March 9th, 2012

Date #22

I wanted to find a place for fish and chips tonight because during lent Chuck tries not to eat meat on Fridays, and I really enjoy fish and chips. My favorite place for fish and chips is Ivar’s on the waterfront in downtown Seattle, but it’s not always easy to make the 2.5 hour trip just for a meal. I asked a co-worker who has lived in Portland for most of his life if he knew of a place. He told me to try Corbett Fish House, I thought this was a great idea especially because it wasn’t too far from home. When we arrived Chuck realized where we were and said he had investigated this restaurant for one of his date nights, ha I took us here first, yea me!










We started with shrimp cocktail that came in a large sundae glass overflowing with shrimp, a cup of clam chowder, without bacon, and Chuck had his hefeweizen. We couldn't believe how much shrimp was in the shrimp cocktail, our last experience had a quarter of what we were served here, lucky us! Clam chowder was good too, but I have to say Ivar's is still  my favorite.













Both of us ordered cod and chips with tartar sauce. The cod nuggets are breaded in brown rice flour and fried in 100% rice bran oil so there is no oily flavor or oily fingers, just the taste of fish. For me when I have fish and chips the tartar sauce makes the meal; this sauce made the meal. The chips, with the skins left on, were very good, even better dipped in ketchup. All the food was piping hot, the atmosphere was great, I believe we have found our fish and chips restaurant in Portland.











Corbett Fish House is in the middle of a beautiful old neighborhood, so we decided to take a walk because it was such an unusually mild night in Portland. We walked around the block investigating all the old houses we passed. We came across a lady and her two little dogs out for a stroll, she was new to town so we told her about some of the amazing places that are Portland. What a wonderful night!

Tonight was the first date night since I decide to write this blog, it's been quite the time catching up. The photos are all mine now.

No comments:

Post a Comment