Sunday, December 2, 2012

Thai Elephant

November 23, 2012

Date #59

Today we were out Black Friday shopping in the Tanasborne area and thankfully, Chuck found a restaurant nearby so we didn’t have to fight traffic. Tanasborne Towncenter was lighting their Christmas tree when we finally located our destination right next to the tree, Thai Elephant, so we rushed in front of the crowd to get a table.












We started with veggie spring rolls and plum sauce. The little rolls were bursting with veggies, and the wrapper nice and crispy. The sweet plum dipping sauce complemented the spring rolls nicely.












Chuck loves curry, he chose Kang Karee (yellow curry) with pork and potatoes, mildly spicy. He loved his dish, even though it was spicy, the curry flavor was so tasty, he said this was the best curry he has tasted.












I had a difficult time deciding on what to eat tonight so I asked the server to help me. I chose Khao Sauy (Chiang Mai Noodles) with shrimp, but asked to have it not too spicy. A dish came to the table that I wasn’t expecting, and was a little nervous to try. I was so surprised how great it was. There were crispy noodles on the top, and shrimp, onions, cilantro, and noodles in an amazing spicy, coco-nutty, curry broth, I was something like a soup. It was so spicy my nose was running and I was sweating, and all I said during the meal was this is so good, and so spicy, I can’t stop eating it. I let Chuck try some even though I wanted to keep it all to myself. I only had broth left, but because it was so good we took it home, and I made two lunches out of it by adding broccoli, best lunches ever!
Both dishes were so good we thought about going there again the next day, and I still think about my curry soup, I hope we go back there again soon. I am so happy I let the server help me decide what to eat, because I wouldn’t have tried Khao Sauy on my own, date night is such an awesome adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment