Sunday, December 16, 2012

India Flavors

December 14, 2012

Date #62

I started out with the idea of going to a Chinese restaurant tonight, but while at work today I wanted to pick a second choice because we did Chinese just a few weeks ago. I am happy I did some research because on the way home I notice the restaurant I had chosen had a different name. Could still be a good place, but wanted to wait a few weeks to see what others have to say. Tonight I chose India Flavors, a nice Indian restaurant in Beaverton and right next door to Fred Meyer so Chuck can do what he loves to do…shop!












We started out with cocktail samosa, chick peas, potatoes, and spices in a crispy wrap, and a sweet sauce for dipping. These were really good, we weren’t sure what we had ordered, but were pleasantly surprised when we bit into the crispy crust and found soft potatoes and Indian spices, the sweet dipping sauce was a nice compliment.










For dinner we ordered navratan kurma, goat curry, garlic naan, and rice. My navratan kurma had 9 vegetables in a creamy spice sauce, the veggies were firm, and the sauce was a bit spice but the cream cooled it down. This mixture was so good along with the rice and naan. Chuck’s goat curry was really good, even though he ordered it not spicy, it came pretty spicy, but not spicy enough for him not to eat all of it. Chuck said this was the best goat he had had since Saudi Arabia…I wondered to myself how many times had he had the opportunity to have goat…poor cute goat!
The young man that was our server didn’t look the part, with his hat and jeans, but he was one of the best servers we have had. He made sure we had everything we needed and when we asked for something, he brought it right away, such a pleasant surprise from so many other servers out there. The other think about India Flavors was most of the guests were Indian, this was a very good sign we had found a great Indian restaurant. Chuck…and I got to do some shopping afterwards, he was happy; full belly and shopping equal a great date night! 

No comments:

Post a Comment