Sunday, December 2, 2012

La Hacienda Real

November 30, 2012

Date #60

Tonight I wanted Mexican food again. We have driven by La Hacienda Real a few times but never have tried it. And our friends seem to go there a lot, so I decided we would try it tonight.
We started with chips and salsa along with refried beans and something that resembled coleslaw. I wasn’t sure how this combination would be, but it was amazingly good.











Chuck and I are trying to stay away from our usual dishes of Chorizo con huevo and cheese enchiladas. So Chuck decided on shredded beef taco, enchilada, and tamale with rice and beans, and I really tried something different chile relleno with vegetables.  Chuck’s dish was great, each item contained the same meat, but tasted oh so different. The sauce was so flavorful, you could tell it didn’t come from a can, and contained so many different spices. The chile relleno was covered with veggies, because I ordered the veggie variety, and a white cheese medley. I usually eat the rice first when I am eating Mexican food, but tonight all I could eat was the chile relleno. The combination of green chile, egg, cheese, and veggies was so creamy amazing, I didn’t want to get full on anything else. I can’t believe I have never tried this before. Chile relleno could be my new favorite Mexican dish, can’t wait to try it again.











So happy we tried this restaurant, our friends saw we were here when we checked in on Facebook, they came over for a drink in the bar, we joined them. Great evening!!

No comments:

Post a Comment