Sunday, December 9, 2012

Seasons and Regions

December 7, 2012

Date #61

As we start out tonight we head down the 99W, now I’m not sure if we actually should be heading this direction because of past experiences due to talking while driving, but it seems like we are headed the right way as we turn into a favorite area of mine, Multnomah Village. We have never gone wrong with any date night in this area, and tonight its first Friday, Santa and horse drawn carriages are here, this is a really good sign. We turn into a restaurant called Seasons and Regions, the parking lot is full but there are signs that tell us to park across the street at the Jewish center, so we do, along with many other hungry people. Thankfully, it’s bigger than expected inside and we are sat at a table right away.












We started with Dungeness crab wontons with goat cheese, chives, and a red chili cucumber salsa for dipping. The wontons were crispy and the filling full of crab and not overpowered by the cheese, and the salsa was amazing. The wontons had little pockets that could be filled with the spicy, sweet salsa before eating, yummy!












It was very difficult to select our main course; I had it down to four and asked our server for help with the final selection. She told me that the Pacific red snapper and vegetable risotto was one of their most popular dishes, that’s what I chose. Chuck was able to decide on his own and chose NW seafood & pasta in white wine butter sauce. Our main course included soup or salad, I had the Caesar salad, and Chuck the tomato basil soup because one of his friends told him it was superb. The Caesar was lightly dressed, and garnished with shavings of parmesan cheese, it was light and refreshing. The soup was so flavorful, the basil stood out from the fresh tomatoes, very good choice, I had a sample!!












The red snapper was something that I am not used to eating, but both Chuck and I are trying to set out of the box. This venture out was fantastic, the fish was moist, the risotto creamy, and veggies crisp with flavorful grill marks. It is no wonder that this is one of their most popular dishes, I agree it was just wonderful!












Chuck’s pasta was full of seafood, each piece it’s own distinct flavor, married with the cream sauce and pasta made this dish scrumptious. The pasta was firm and the cream sauce light and flavorful, the parmesan and fresh herbs complemented the dish.
We weren’t planning on dessert but our wonderful server gave us each a spoonful of their homemade peppermint ice cream to try. We could not resist, we both had a scoop of ice cream, I peppermint and Chuck espresso. The ice cream was so thick and creamy, I don’t think I have tasted anything like it, I know I will be craving it in the future.
What a wonderful dinner, so many wonderful choices, oh and I didn’t mention they have a vegetarian menu, we will be back soon, if only for a scoop of ice cream. Another good sign this was a great choice is I had a hard time finding different descriptive words to describe the tastes we had tasted. YUM!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment