Saturday, April 6, 2013

Caro Amico Italian Cafe

February 1, 2013

Date #69

I have grown to love date night, especially the times Chuck takes me out, I love the surprise of it and not having to plan anything. So tonight, we head out towards downtown Portland to a small restaurant just off the I-5 called Caro Amico Italian Cafe. We are taken upstairs, because we are able bodied, the people ahead of us were taken to a table on the first floor; they were elderly. I don’t know what downstairs looked like, but upstairs was nice with a really great view.











We started out with beer, yes me, I had a bad day and needed one, and it tasted so good!











We also had a capresi salad which was amazing, one of the best we have tried.

 
I had a onion, mushroom, and pineapple pizza, my favorite toppings, and Chuck a manicotti and cannelloni. I want to say the pizza was amazing, because the restaurant and waiter were, but it was just good, the crust was too thick, and had no flavor. Chuck’s on the other hand was wonderful he enjoyed both the pastas. We also enjoyed a bowl of coffee ice cream for dessert, very nice. Great restaurant and really great service.

No comments:

Post a Comment