Sunday, April 7, 2013

La Fuente

March 22, 2013

Date #76

Tonight I had something else in mind because we were in Willsonville getting new tires for Chuck's car, but we were done early enough that we didn't need to stay in this town. I was also in the mood for Mexican food so I looked for restaurants in the towns close to home. And what I found was a great little gem, I have passed many times but never seen, La Fuente in downtown Tigard.

We started with chips and salsa, one of my favorite starters. The chips were good, but the salsa was great, nice and chunky, and not too spicy. We were able to watch, well Chuck was, March madness, he even brought his brackets and pens into the restaurant so he could keep score.












I ordered their chili relleno with rice and beans, that also came with 4 homemade corn tortillas. The chili relleno was made with cojita cheese which made it taste different than most I have tried. The waiter told me it was very good, and it didn't disappoint. We could tell the bean were made fresh that day, and the tortillas were wonderful, very fresh food.

 


Chuck ordered a combination plate that included an enchillada, taco, and sope. His plate looked like it came from a swanky Mexican restaurant. They tasted wonderful, very fresh, with juicy flavorful meat. The sope was something he had never tried before. The dough was so soft and flaky, very interesting combination.

I am so happy I changed my mind for our destination tonight, this was a wonderful find. And from Chuck's post on Facebook, many people know of this great restaurant.

No comments:

Post a Comment