Saturday, April 6, 2013

La Isla Bonita

February 22, 2013

Date #72

I have wanted to try this restaurant for a long time, but since it is so close to our favorite restaurant we never have. La Isla Bonita is very close to home, just off the I-5 on Nyberg in Tualatin, so hopefully this will be an alternative to our favorite. It's a colorful restaurant with friendly staff, we are sat at a booth with colorful flower/bird back rests. We started with my favorite appetizer chips and salsa. The salsa was chunky and a bit spicy, the chips were on the thick side and crispy.











I ordered my usual of chili relleno, and it was my favorite type, with just the egg batter. It's just such a delicate dish, but full of flavor. The rice and beans were also good, I love eating the beans with the chips. What a good combination.











Chuck ordered a combination plate that included a crispy beef taco, tamale, and enchilada. The tamale and enchilada were covered in a dark mole sauce that was so full of flavors. Chuck loves mole sauce because of the complex flavors, you don't always get this type of sauce on your enchiladas, he was pleasantly surprised.
Very yummy restaurant, but I think our favorite just down the road is still our favorite.


No comments:

Post a Comment