Saturday, April 6, 2013

La Sierra

February 8, 2013

Date #70

My favorite food is Mexican food, and thank goodness Chuck loves it as well. I am also thankful that it's date night and we have to go to the restaurant we choose. Tonight I would have turned around when I saw the restaurant, but I'm so glad we didn't because it was really good. It's located in a small strip mall off of Hall Blvd. in Beaverton.











My Chuck love menudo and to our surprise they server it during the week. Most restaurants only serve it on the weekend. Menudo is a Mexican soup with tripe (cow stomach), hominy, onions, and spices. Chuck's favorite is a white version, but he likes the chili version as well. This soup usually includes a side dish of onions, cilantro, chili peppers, lime, and warm corn tortillas. Chuck is in heaven.













I am still on my search for the best chili relleno, so this is what I ordered. Their version was a cheese filled egg wrapped chili with a tomato sauce. I think I like the egg wrapped instead of the breading wrapped chili relleno. There's something about the egg, chili, and cheese combination that I have grown to love. I also love any Mexican dish that includes rice and beans, these did not disappoint.


 
Chuck ordered a combination plate for his main dish, this included a beef enchilada, pork tamale, and beef crispy taco. He was pretty full from his menudo, but he was able to eat the taco, very yummy, he said the beef tasted like it was cooking all day. He took the rest home for lunch, we both love to do this now, we figured out we don't have to eat everything at the restaurant, leftover restaurant lunch is very good.

No comments:

Post a Comment