Monday, January 28, 2013

Yuzu

January 25, 2013

Date #68

I have a tendency to always want to go to the same types of restaurants, so I wanted to change things up a bit tonight. I chose a small Japanese restaurant in Beaverton called Yuku, it is definitely small, and hard to find. It is in a small strip mall just off Canyon Rd, but no neon sign on the outside, just a sign on the door. We were told we would need to wait for 20 minutes so we went across the street to PetCo to look around. We got back right in time to be seated at the bar, which really wasn't a bar. The place was packed and didn't empty out the entire time; many people were turned away because of the long wait.













Chuck started off with pork, veggie, and mozzarella spring rolls, he said they were yummy. They didn't have any appetizers without meat that looked good to me, but that was ok because I wanted to leave room for the ramen.












I had soy sauce ramen with egg noodles and a soft boiled egg. To my surprise the egg was very tasty in this dish, and the noodles were the best ramen noodles I have ever tried, I almost asked for a second helping of noodles, but I didn't. This isn't the best place for a vegetarian, but I did ok.


\










Chuck had the kakuni ramen with pork belly. There was plenty of pork and noodles in a very tasty broth. He enjoyed it so much the bowl was dry at the end; he said he wanted to see the picture at the bottom of the bowl. 













Very nice place, but very busy,  I heard people coming in saying they had a reservation, next time we will do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment