Saturday, September 22, 2012

Go-Cart's & Nacho Mama's

August 3, 2012

Date #43

For whatever reason I was really excited about date night tonight, I was smiling all the way home from work wondering what Chuck had planned tonight. So when Chuck got home and told me I needed to wear socks and runners I was a little worried because I didn’t want to do something really physical. Chuck knows my rules of no socks in the summer time, so we compromised and I wore my Keen sandals. I got a little worried when we started driving the direction of the batting cages, and then when we turned onto the same street I thought to myself we have never said no to a date night so I need to be positive about this. We then turned the other direction in the parking lot and instead of the batting cages we are going to drive some go-carts!
 
It was so fun, we both started out with times just above one minute. I shaved off 20 seconds from my time, each round going down by 5 or so seconds, and Chuck shaved off almost the same, but always doing 5 to 8 seconds better than me. Guess he was not afraid to tip the cart, but I was…although I’m sure it never would, I was cautious! We were smiling the entire time, may have been a total of 45 minutes, boy it was a fun time.









After driving, I was a bit dizzy, I’m glad Chuck was driving…but he did screech the tires when we left the parking lot, guess he still felt like he was in the go cart. Because it was such a nice summer evening, we went to one of our favorite Mexican restaurants, Nacho Mama’s on 99W going south towards Sherwood, to sit on the patio. The restaurant is small but always packed, the best time to go is summer because they add a patio that’s twice as big as the restaurant. They also have a few resident cats that come by for a visit on a warm summer evening, very homey. They have the best chips and salsa, the salsa is chunky and not too spicy, they go great with a Corona.











I had fish tacos, I like to try them at different restaurants to taste how they interpret the taco. This experience was good, but not the best I have had, it was too moist with sauce. I like an authentic street taco, yummy!












Most of the time Chuck likes to have fajitas or chorizo con huevos, but tonight he decided to mix it up and have a combo plate. He chose ground beef enchiladas and pork tamale with rice and beans. Nacho Mama’s has some of the best rice and beans, and the tamale was wonderful.












This was a nice relaxing end to a great date night, guess we should go home, it’s dark and pretty late. Nice job Chuck, you really mixed it up tonight, I love being surprised!!

No comments:

Post a Comment