Saturday, September 22, 2012

New York NY Pizza

September 21, 2012

Date #50

I know I have talked about the slices of pizza we had during a visit to Annapolis Maryland, but we are still looking for that wonderful New York Pizza in Portland. One of our friends posted on Facebook about some great New York pizza they had for dinner so I decided New York NY Pizza would be my choice for date night tonight. Chuck drove tonight, I told him the restaurant was on Barbur blvd., he had an idea where we were going, then when I told him I chose this restaurant because of a post on Facebook, he knew exactly where we were going. I guess he really knows me.











It was pretty late by the time we got to the restaurant so I was pretty hungry, as soon as Chuck asked if I would like an appetizer I said yes, fried mozzarella it was. I was so happy we tried this because it’s the best fried mozzarella we have ever had. The mozzarella was fresh, the breading flavorful, and it was covered in the best marinara sauce we have ever had. We had ordered dinner by the time the appetizer came, and Chuck said he was so happy he had ordered the meatball sub because it was drenched in the same marinara sauce.











I wanted to try the pizza so I ordered a small one with onions, green peppers, and pineapple. The crust was thin , flavorful, and not at all soggy like many pizzas. The only difference between this one and the one we had in Maryland was the toppings, so next time we come here I will have a plain cheese pizza. Just a wonderful tasting pizza, best I have had in Portland.











Chuck’s meatball sub did not disappoint, the marinara sauce was tasty, the meatballs so flavorful, encompassed by the bread and cheese made this a fantastic sandwich.
We felt so relaxed in this restaurant, with the high back comfy chairs, to the checker table clothes, we stayed chatting till we were the last people in the place. Just a tasty relaxing date night, so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment