Saturday, September 22, 2012

La Costita

August 10, 2012

Date #44

As you may have figured out by now, we love Mexican food, and are always searching for great restaurants like our favorite one in Glendale Arizona, Pedros. So tonight I was in search again and chose La Costita, this place is in a small strip mall just off Barbur blvd in Portland. 











I have my favorites, so tonight I decided to taste their version of cheese enchiladas with rice and beans. The enchilada sauce was amazing and I love how they put the beans in a small tortilla shell, very nice presentation. I also loved the beans because the shredded cotija cheese on top, one of my new favorite cheeses, makes any Mexican dish taste better.













Chuck had an amazing dish of 5 beef street tacos, and that white ingredient on top is not tofu, its cotija cheese!!! He didn’t talk much during dinner, I think he was really enjoying his food. I think he is always in search of a great street taco like he had during one of our adventures. We were on a road trip from Arizona to Canada and stopped in Burbank California for some gas. Included in the gas station was a taco stand, he had lengua tacos that he still takes about. At that time, I was still eating meat, but I did not want to partake in tongue tacos, and especially when they come from a dirty gas station. Chuck enjoyed them and he also enjoyed the tacos tonight, they were authentic street tacos.

No comments:

Post a Comment