Saturday, September 22, 2012

Crazy Sushi

August 24, 2012

Date #46

I was in Canada visiting my family and was lucky enough to be there for one of my brothers birthdays, haven’t joined him in a birthday celebration for years. We went to an authentic sushi restaurant for dinner, where we all sat on the floor, it was so good.
For date night tonight I wanted to take Chuck to a sushi restaurant because we had never been to one before, kind of intimidating if you don’t know what to order. We have had sushi from grocery stores, but never a restaurant, so tonight is Crazy Sushi in our hometown. I am so happy that one of the rules of date night is you can’t say no to the other persons choice. Chuck really wasn’t happy to be here, and he did have a reason, it took a long time for someone to serve us, and finally when someone did it was the food runner not the waitress, she just ignored us. I have to say that I am happy the food runner served us because she was wonderful.




We started with seafood soup and monkey balls. Both were tastes I have never had before but oh they were so good. I wish I didn’t have to share the monkey balls with Chuck because they were so good.












I ordered a California roll and a veggie roll, I don’t think that is what I got, but what I got was really good. I think one of the rolls had fried eel, and the other crab, good thing they are both fish or I would have been really upset.











Chuck had sashimi, I told him he would love this raw fish with no rice dish, and he did.  I am so happy I had some experience with ordering.











Our wonderful server, who saved our meal, suggested we try the black sesame ice cream, she said it tasted like coffee. Wow it was good, nice suggestion.
All in all this was a great meal, I am thankful for the rules, our server that wasn't the waitress, and my experience with ordering for this date night!

No comments:

Post a Comment