Sunday, July 29, 2012

Subterrain

June 8th, 2012

Date #35

Chuck read about a new restaurant in Newburg called Subterrain; the paper described it as an affordable white tablecloth restaurant, since this was so close to home he decided this was our date night tonight. He plugged the address into his GPS and we were off. After the GPS told us it was on the left side of the road, we found it on the right side in the basement of a small strip mall, guess we still need our brains to assist with the electronics.
As we go down the stairs we enter a beautiful restaurant and I worry that I may not have dressed up enough; as we are seated at our table I do see people dressed like me, thank goodness.









I started with vegan bean soup with chopped onions and cilantro. I was afraid it would taste like refried beans, but it was nothing like it, a bit spicy and a nice flavorful broth made this a wonderful soup for a rainy night. Chuck had a house salad with oil and vinegar, sometimes a salad just hits the spot, and this was one such occasion.
                  

For dinner we chose from the small plate menu, I the fish tacos and Chuck the crab and goat cheese enchiladas. They were both really good, amazing freshness in the ingredients and powerful good flavors. I’m glad my dish had 3 tacos because the portions were quite small and I could share one taco with Chuck. 
      








I’m also happy the portion sizes were small because we had room to share a dessert. That dessert was bananas foster! 
So amazingly wonderful, the warm caramel and bananas combining with the cold vanilla ice cream, YUMMY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment