Sunday, July 29, 2012

Pambiche Cocina

June 22nd, 2012

Date #37

We are off to date night tonight, venturing past downtown Portland to the Northeast, the people of Portland describe their neighborhoods with directions, NE, NW, SE, SW. Chuck decided we needed to try something completely different, so it’s Cuban food at Pambiche Cocina. The restaurant is decorated in colorful paints and pictures, outside tables are built on either side of the covered sidewalk. We were sat European style at a table for 6, but unfortunately compared to the last time we sat this way, which was pleasant, this was ridiculous. On one side was a couple on maybe a first or second date where the guy was bragging about being a roadie for some popular bands, and the other side was 2 young girls talking about their sex-capades. The girls were so inappropriate I was wondering if they were trying to see if we would say anything, or they were so stupid they didn’t think anyone could hear them. Anyway!!!












We started with corn cakes and cabbage salad. The combination of the two was different than anything we have tried before but really good.












Next, I had an avocado salad, and that was it, just avocados. The avocados were good, but it needed something more, I wish the server told me what I was ordering because I don’t think it’s normal for someone to just order this.












Chuck had Vaca Frita which was beef, grilled veggies, rice and beans, and fried plantain. He really enjoyed his dish, I had a few of his veggies and he had some of my avocados. The meal was good, but the atmosphere was something we talked about all the way home…REALLY!?! Have to say I don’t want to sit European style anymore, I like the Western way of separate tables.

Now off to Las Vegas in the morning for work...

No comments:

Post a Comment