Monday, May 28, 2012

Brasserie Montmartre

May 11, 2012

Date #31

Chuck and I love the show Grimm, not only is it a great show, but it’s filmed in Portland. It’s fun to watch the show and see areas of Portland that we know, sometimes we like to searcher for places where they film. Part of the show involves a trailer parked in a storage lot showing one of the great bridges in Portland. One day we traveled around the downtown Portland area looking for the lot…I think we found it. There have also been a few times while watching the show we say, hey we were just there. The restaurant Brasserie Montmartre has been featured on the show a few times so it is the feature of Chuck’s date night tonight.








We started out with Les Frites with black truffle oil and sea salt. The fries were good, not sure if the oil and sea salt made them taste any different but they were tasty. Next, we shared a bowl of French onion soup and wonderful French bread rolls served in white linen napkins secured with a close pin and room-temperature butter. The roll presentation was a nice touch. The soup was very salty and the cheese was burnt. I remember the wonderful French onion soup from a restaurant in my hometown called Mother’s, I worked there for many years, it included a garlic roll and melted provolone cheese, yummyness. The version we had tonight was nothing like what I think French onion soup should be.












Our main courses included Parisienne Gnocchi for me, and Chicken Pot Pie for Chuck. I have tried Gnocchi a few times and have not liked it; but being my only vegetarian option on the menu, I thought maybe a fancy restaurant would make it taste good to me, unfortunately, it was not good. I didn’t eat much of it and didn’t want it to take home; the server didn’t offer to take if off our bill. Chuck’s pot pie was good, but not for the price…I guess that’s what you pay for in a fancy French restaurant.













We didn’t order dessert, we just wanted to get out of there. The night was way too long because the service was really bad. And to top it off the server forgot to take a beer Chuck ordered and they didn’t have off our bill, so we paid even more for our bad meal. I felt really bad for Chuck because he was so excited to try this place out. Maybe on a different night and not being a vegetarian this place would be better.

No comments:

Post a Comment