Monday, May 28, 2012

BJ Willy's Woodfire Grill and Pub

May 25th, 2012

Date #33

Tonight is Chuck’s turn and we head out towards Portland, oops I mean Beaverton… we started talking and Chuck’s car automatically turned towards work, U-turn, now the correct direction. After one more reroute because of too much chatting and we arrive at our destination; BJ Willy’s Woodfired Pizza and Pub, (across the street from Big Al’s, a place of a past date night and many Raider football games). Chuck’s friends opened this restaurant about 6 weeks ago, so we are excited to try it. 











We start out with a caprese salad to share, soft mozzarella, tomato, basil, mixed greens, salt & pepper, extra virgin olive oil and balsamic reduction. An amazing taste sensation, each bite held a different flavor and we cleaned the balsamic reduction off the plate with the last few bites.











I ordered a woodfired mushroom trio pizza with a creamy garlic sauce; I am still on the search for amazing pizza. This wonderful cheesy-garlicy-mushroomy taste sensation is the pizza flavor combination I have been searching for; I was so excited when I took my first bite because I knew my search was over. The woodfired oven took this pizza to a completely new level; the char-grilled crispy flavorful crust completed the taste experience.












Chuck had baked meat stuffed manicotti skillfully combining beef, pork, veal, spinach, ricotta and fontina stuffed pasta shells, dressed in  marinara and creamy béchamel sauce, topped with mozzarella and baked to perfection. Chuck loves manicotti and I don’t make it for him enough, and I definitely know I could never make it taste this good. He said it was so full of meaty-creamy- tomatoy goodness that he didn’t even taste the spinach; now that’s good.











So far we have no leftovers and I still wanted to have some dessert. The just right dessert for me was a woodfired s’more; graham cracker, milk chocolate, and perfectly toasted marshmallow, a wonderful conclusion to a wonderful meal. My Chuck had a brownie rockslide combining a brownie, pecans, caramel and ice cream, sorry I don’t have a picture, it was gone before I could snap one.
BJ Willy’s is a wonderful new restaurant with countless offerings on the menu, and the best part is it’s really close to home; we will be back to taste more…maybe fire roasted veggie sandwich…BJ’s bomb burger…or…YUM!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment