Sunday, April 15, 2012

India Oven

April 6, 2012

Date #26

My friend always talks about her favorite Indian restaurant, but until recently, I didn’t pay much attention because I didn’t think I liked Indian food. Over the past few months Chuck has changed my mind and I have grown to really love Indian food. So when I was thinking about where to take my husband for this week’s date night adventure I thought of India Oven my friends favorite place. 










It is located in a trendy part of Portland on Belmont Street, just up from a restaurant I went to with another friend called Utopia Cafe, I had no idea this was the area I was headed to when I typed the address into my trusty GPS. Utopia Café has awesome breakfast food, but that will be another story.












I ordered garlic naan, and mixed vegetables. The garlic naan was crispy on the outside and soft on the inside and covered in garlic and herbs, and the main course was a medley of fresh vegetables, cooked with onions, ginger and garlic. Chuck ordered Rogan Josh which was cubes of lamb cooked in a blend of spices, and plain naan. The meal also included Basmati rice with peas. The combination of spices, vegetables, rice, and naan were incredible; flavor combinations I have never experienced before. We both commented that this was the best naan we have ever had, and I said that Indian food might be my new favorite food, sorry Mexican food!

We took a lovely walk along Belmont Street, every restaurant and bar was  packed with Portlanders, the streets were packed with cars and bikes, typical for Portland. Very nice evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment