Sunday, October 14, 2012

Curry in a Hurry

October 5, 2012

Date# 52

It has been a while since we had Thai food so I typed that into Urbanspoon and found a place I knew we had to try because of the name, Curry in a Hurry, such a great name I knew this was the place. I plugged the address into my GPS, and we were on our way. I like to confuse my GPS so she has to reroute, I know she doesn’t like that. I knew the direction she was taking me, on Stafford Road in the dark, was not the way I wanted to go, so I headed to I-5 then let her have control, that was the wrong place to let her have the controls. She took us through some back roads to get back onto Stafford Road, probably a longer route than the original one she wanted us to take. I’m sorry Helga, I will never doubt you again! We finally arrive at our destination in a strip mall on the outskirts of Lake Oswego, the restaurant is very inviting and so was the staff.




We found ourselves a table and ordered shrimp rolls and pot stickers. I just love the freshness of these appetizers, I am pretty sure they were made when we ordered them, this freshness makes such a difference in the taste.












I ordered garlic shrimp stir fry. When I was presented the plate I thought it was weird to have bread crumbs sprinkled over top of the veggies, but then I realized it was toasted garlic, oh my gosh WOW. Again the veggies and shrimp were so fresh and the sauce didn’t overwhelm the flavors. I have to say this could be the best stir fry yet. I saved enough for lunch on Monday, wished I had saved enough for Tuesday.












Chuck had chicken curry with green beans and rice on the side. They asked him how spicy he wanted it, this was a good thing so he could enjoy the flavors of the curry and not burn his taste buds with the heat. I had a taste of the sauce and green beans, they were very flavorful and fresh tasting.
Afterwards we went driving around downtown Lake Oswego, I was sure we been here before, but I guess we hadn't, everything was new to us, the streets, signs, and buildings were so fancy, even the 7-11, not something we are used to.
Tonight's date marks the end of the first year of date nights, 52 Friday night dates, and we didn’t miss one. To do this we had to date in another country, a date with both sets of parents, and 2 house remodel dates. We also got to try many different cuisines that we have never tried before. When going out to dinner before we started date night, we used to pick our regular places not really stepping outside the box, but when you want to surprise your spouse with a new place and the other can’t say no, we were able to try so many wonderful new restaurants.  I guess when you set a goal and stick to it new flavors are discovered. Year 2 here we come.

No comments:

Post a Comment